Adult Neurologist Dr. Dina Dababneh Dardas
MD, ABPN Psychiatry & Neurology
Dr. Dina Dababneh Dardas is a specialist in Adult Neurology and a sub-specialist in Multiple Sclerosis. She is American Board-Certified in Neurology and treats various general neurological conditions in addition to her subspeciality in Multiple Sclerosis. Dr. Dardas has expertise in headache disorders, Epilepsy, Dementia & Alzheimer’s disease, movement disorders (tremors, Parkinson disease, etc.), transient ischemic attacks / strokes, neuromuscular disorders including Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS), Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), etc.
Dr. Dardas’ clinical interests include progressive forms of MS, clinically isolated syndrome, environmental risk factors in MS including genetics, gender bias, Vitamin D role & smoking, MS fatigue & maintenance of function to delay disability and other demyelinating diseases including Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorder (NMOSD).
Dr. Dardas has been very engaged both with professional organizations and her community. During residency, she was elected as the Academic Chief Resident. During fellowship, she served as the Chief Fellow at the University of Toronto, and a member of the Fellowship Education Advisory Committee. She won multiple awards for outstanding professional and research skills. Dr. Dardas is a member of numerous professional organizations, including the American Academy of Neurology and the Canadian Neurological Sciences Federation. She is a proud mother of two where she serves as a Class Parent. During her free time, she enjoys cycling, hiking, traveling & hand crafts.
Education & Training
- University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada: Clinical Fellowship in Multiple Sclerosis, Department of Neurology
- Saint Louis University St. Louis, Missouri, USA: Residency in Neurology
- Veterans Affairs (VA) St. Louis Health Care System, St. Louis, Missouri, USA: Residency in Neurology
- The University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan: Doctor of Medicine
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
- MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Honours and Awards
- “James Sharpe Award” for the outstanding presentation by a fellow based on scientific merit and presentation
- Chief Clinical Fellow, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Fellowship Education Advisory Committee (FEAC) representative for Clinical Fellows, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Academic Chief Resident, Saint Louis University, St. Louis, Missouri, USA
- Excellence in Professionalism Award, Saint Louis University, St. Louis, Missouri, USA
- Best Resident Research Award, Saint Louis University, St. Louis, Missouri, USA
- Resident Wellness Champion, Saint Louis University, St. Louis, Missouri, USA
- American Board Certification in Neurology – American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN)
Link to Publications: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/myncbi/1zye8tmMaZBUTD/bibliography/public/