- Request referral form NCT Provider or Complete a Self-Referral Form (Note: referral is not required to be seen by our psychotherapists)
- Attend an Intake Assessment
- Psychotherapy Team will review your file
- Receive a phone call or email to book your first appointment
Are you feeling ok, or are there areas of your life where you are not feeling well and seek to change? In Psychotherapy, the patients/clients explore the connection of the mind, body and soul and related beliefs created earlier in life.
What is Psychotherapy?
Are you feeling ok, or are there areas of your life where you are not feeling well and seek to change?
In Psychotherapy, the patients/clients explore the connection of the mind, body and soul and related beliefs created earlier in life. As we get older, these beliefs can become barriers in life and prevent us from feeling ‘ok.’ Through coming to new decisions, the patient/client explores old beliefs or habits and defines new ones, and, over time, integrates new beliefs and practices, supporting a healing path and journey to get to a place of ‘I am ok.’Book an appointment
How can I book a Psychotherapy Appointment at NCT?
Treatment Approaches Practiced at our Clinic
We are using a client centered, non-directive approach when supporting clients through their healing journey. We offer a variety of therapeutic interventions:
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Emotion Focussed Therapy (EFT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT)
- Transactional Analysis (TA)
- Ketamine Treatment
- Various Mindfulness + Meditation practices
Soon to come:
- Other psychedelic-assisted therapy
Interested in booking a psychotherapy appointment?
Fill out this form and our Psychotherapy department will reach out to you to schedule your intake appointment.
Children 11+ years old and Adults (18+)
We accept general therapy referrals and referrals specifically for clients with concussion/persistent-post concussive symptoms, chronic headaches and Functional Neurologic Disorder (FND). Our therapists use a holistic multi-faceted treatment approach addressing the clients’ unique symptoms and needs. Care providers from the areas of Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Massage, Nutrition and Vision therapy all work closely with each other as a team to support your balanced healing.
- Explore your inner healing wisdom
- Discover needs on your path of recovery
- Identify and manage your emotional symptoms
- Identify stressors and triggers and apply new coping strategies
- Explore habits and identify erroneous thought patterns
- Identify old beliefs and replace them with new ones
- Learn about stuck points in life and challenge thought processes
- Applying newly learned skills and monitoring ongoing challenges
- Integrate newly learned skills
- Psycho-education on brain functioning for headaches, concussion symptoms, FND, trauma and recovery
Psychotherapy Appointment (50 min) with Registered Psychotherapist = $165 +13% HST
Psychotherapy Appointment (30 min) with Registered Psychotherapist = $82.50 +13%HST
Psychotherapy Appointment (50 min) with Qualifying Registered Psychotherapist. = $140 +13% HST
Psychotherapy Appointment (30 min) with Qualifying Registered Psychotherapist = $70.00 +13% HST
No, you don’t need a doctor’s referral for this appointment. You may optionally choose to have your doctor refer you, but this is not required.
No, psychotherapy is not covered by OHIP. Patients are required to pay at the time of their scheduled visits. Patients may then be reimbursed by any private insurance plans they have psychotherapy coverage under.
Please inform the clinic if you were involved in an MVA that led to your injury when booking your appointment for an intake. Our intake worker will book you for an appointment related to your OCF-18 application.
Our therapists are currently training to offer this service soon. (Stay tuned, as we are actively in the process to provide this alternative support soon)
As Ketamine is now widely available as treatment for those diagnosed with treatment-resistant depression or PTSD, we will be providing education, treatment options and integration therapy.