What is “Physiotherapy”?
Physiotherapists are registered healthcare providers. In Ontario, all practicing physiotherapists must be registered with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario.
Physiotherapists help people affected by injury, illness or disability through movement and exercise, manual therapy, education and advice.
Who Can Be Seen by our Physiotherapist?
- Adults (18+) and children 14+ years old
What Can a Physiotherapist Help Me With?
- Musculoskeletal issues: whiplash, tendinitis, acute and chronic muscle/joint pain
- Neurological issues: headaches, concussion symptoms, return to sport/work protocols
- Vestibular issues: dizziness, vertigo, gaze retraining, BPPV
- Initial PT Assessment (1-hour) = $130, +HST
- Follow Up PT Appointments (30-min) = $80, +HST
- Do I need a doctor’s referral to see a Physiotherapist?
- No – you do not need a doctor’s referral for this appointment. You can contact NCT and book an appointment without a referral. You may optionally choose to have your doctor refer you, but this is not required.
- How do I contact NCT to book an appointment?
- Is this appointment covered by OHIP?
- No – PT appointments are not covered by OHIP. Patients are required to pay at the time of their scheduled appointment. Patients may then be reimbursed by any private insurance plans under which they have PT coverage.
- What if I was involved in a Motor Vehicle Accident (MVA) that led to my concussion?
- Please let the clinic know if you were in a MVA that led to your injury when booking your appointment. Please also let your therapist know at the start of your appointment, in case an OCF-18 form needs to be completed.
- What if my child is under 14 years old and can’t be seen by the Physiotherapist?
- Please contact Kindercare Pediatrics to be seen by their Physiotherapist.
For more information on Physiotherapy, visit: https://www.csp.org.uk/careers-jobs/what-physiotherapy.
If you have any other questions about Physiotherapy at NCT, please contact our clinic at 416-860-7554, or email email@example.com.