What is “Occupational Therapy”?
Occupational Therapists are registered healthcare providers. In Ontario, all practicing Occupational Therapists must be registered with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario.
Occupational Therapists work with individuals to improve performance of meaningful activities in the areas of productivity, leisure, and self-care.
Who Can Be Seen by our Occupational Therapist?
- Adults (18+) and children 12+ years old
- Diagnosis of concussion or post-concussion syndrome
- Note, for non-concussion occupational therapy appointments, please contact the clinic directly to inquire.
What Can an Occupational Therapist Help Me With?
- Individualized return to work, school, and/or sports programs
- Improve function at work or in the classroom
- Increase energy levels
- Improve quality of sleep
- Relaxation and stress reduction
- Cognitive strategies
- Concussion education
- Initial OT Assessment (1-hour) = $130, +HST
- Follow Up OT Appointments (50-min) = $120, +HST
- Do I need a doctor’s referral to see an Occupational Therapist?
- No – you do not need a doctor’s referral for this appointment. You can contact NCT and book an appointment without a referral. You may optionally choose to have your doctor refer you, but this is not required.
- How do I contact NCT to book an appointment?
- Is this appointment covered by OHIP?
- No – OT appointments are not covered by OHIP. Patients are required to pay at the time of their scheduled appointment. Patients may then be reimbursed by any private insurance plans under which they have OT coverage.
- What if I was involved in a Motor Vehicle Accident (MVA) that led to my concussion?
- Please let the clinic know if you were in a MVA that led to your injury when booking your appointment. Please also let your therapist know at the start of your appointment, in case an OCF-18 form needs to be completed.
- What if my child is under 12 years old and can’t be seen by the Occupational Therapist?
- Please contact Kindercare Pediatrics to be seen by their Occupational Therapist.
If you have any other questions about Occupational Therapy at NCT, please contact our clinic at 416-860-7554, or email email@example.com.