What is “Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)”?
CBT, or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, is a type of psychotherapy that works together with patients to reframe their thoughts and manage emotional symptoms resulting from injury, illness or everyday life stressors.
Who Can Be Seen by our CBT Therapist?
- Adults (18+) and children 12+ years old
What Can a CBT Therapist Help Me With?
- Manage emotional symptoms
- Reduce stress and negative emotions
- Improve sleep quality
- Increase productivity
- Reduce severity and frequency of concussion symptoms
- CBT Appointment (50-min) = $150, +HST
- Do I need a doctor’s referral to see a CBT Therapist?
- No – you do not need a doctor’s referral for this appointment. You can contact NCT and book an appointment without a referral. You may optionally choose to have your doctor refer you, but this is not required.
- How do I contact NCT to book an appointment?
- Is this appointment covered by OHIP?
- No – CBT appointments are not covered by OHIP. Patients are required to pay at the time of their scheduled appointment. Patients may then be reimbursed by any private insurance plans under which they have CBT coverage.
- What if I was involved in a Motor Vehicle Accident (MVA) that led to my concussion?
- Please let the clinic know if you were in a MVA that led to your injury when booking your appointment. Please also let your therapist know at the start of your appointment, in case an OCF-18 form needs to be completed.
- What if my child is under 18 years old and can’t be seen by the CBT Therapist?
- Please contact Kindercare Pediatrics to be seen by psychology.
If you have any other questions about Cognitive Behavioural Therapy at NCT, please contact our clinic at 416-860-7554, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.